Click here for abstract FAQs.
If travel or in-person meeting restrictions are in place at the time of the AES Annual Meeting, authors can expect virtual, interactive poster presentation opportunities plus a printed 2020 Guide to Posters. Authors may represent their abstract as 'presented at the AES Annual Meeting.'
Recognizing the unusual circumstances this year, AES will offer the opportunity to submit an abstract if it was accepted by but not presented virtually or in-person at a meeting that has been canceled or reformatted in 2020. Other restrictions on already-published research still apply.
Deadline: June 22, 2020
As the world's largest educational and scientific event for professionals working in epilepsy, the AES Annual Meeting is the optimal venue to present your research results to a global audience. Share your science and connect with epilepsy leaders at AES 2020.
Members $50.00 | Nonmembers $75.00
- Poster: If your abstract is accepted, you will be expected to hang your poster in the hall on your assigned day for the entire day. In addition, the first author will need to commit to the “Author Present” time, which is Noon – 2:00 pm on your assigned day. This is a great time to discuss your research.
- Platform Presentations: Those abstracts selected for a Platform Presentation will be asked to present a 6-8-minute PowerPoint presentation on Saturday or Monday afternoon during the Platform Sessions. This presentation is in addition to your assigned day in the poster hall. You will need to prepare a poster for the hall as well as the PowerPoint presentation.
- Pediatric Highlights: Those abstracts selected for a Pediatric Highlight Presentation will be asked to present an 8-minute PowerPoint presentation on Monday afternoon during the Pediatric Highlight Session. This presentation is in addition to your assigned day in the poster hall. You will need to prepare a poster for the hall as well as the PowerPoint presentation. In addition, your poster will be hung in the back of the room for additional viewing on Monday afternoon in the Pediatric Highlight Session.
- ~35 to 45 abstract awards are offered each year.
- Apply during the abstract submission process by clicking the box for any award for which you qualify. Awards are granted based on scientific merit, with categories for international authors, young investigators, nurses and APPs, and specific fields of research.
If your abstract is accepted, all first and/or presenting authors will need to register for the meeting.
ADJUSTMENTS TO SUPPORT THE SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY DURING COVID-19
- Disrupted presentations: Ordinarily, abstracts submitted to another scientific or professional meeting do not qualify for submission to AES. This year, AES will offer the opportunity to submit your abstract if it was accepted by but not presented virtually or in-person at a meeting that has been canceled or reformatted in 2020. Other restrictions on already-published research still apply.
- AES 2020 Annual Meeting: All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the AES Scientific Program Committee per the usual process. In the event that AES is required to cancel the in-person Annual Meeting, accepted abstracts will be made public through both virtual and print platforms and disseminated to the AES Annual Meeting audience.
- Abstract awards: Recipients of abstract awards will receive their award after the AES Annual Meeting, regardless of meeting format, provided that all obligations for receiving the award have been met.
For details on the submission process or to submit your abstract, see our AES Abstract Submission Guidelines.