Satellite Symposia and Workshops
The reservation period for satellite symposia and workshops for AES2020 has closed.
Satellite symposia and workshops provide an opportunity for industry supporters to share epilepsy-related expertise through sponsored education. Programs must be educational and not promotional. Programs may not duplicate any educational content offered at AES2020. For more information about the AES educational content click here.
Industry-sponsored education may offer CME/CE from a third-party accreditor, but CME/CE is not required. AES does not accredit or jointly provide industry satellite education.
Applications for industry-sponsored education will be reviewed by the AES Council on Education. Accepted applications must meet AES education standards for industry-sponsored education. See the criteria in the guidelines below. If more applications are submitted than slots are available, the Council on Education will select the symposia and workshops it judges to have the greatest educational value to attendees.
Acceptable educational formats for industry satellite education may be a symposium or workshop that includes presentations by speakers, panel discussions, films, and video presentations. Attendance will most likely range from 100 to 200 attendees, depending on the topic and concurrent activities happening at AES 2020; however, AES cannot predict nor guarantee the number or type of learners who attend. The organizer of the industry-sponsored education is responsible for generating its own audience.
Application Process and Guidelines
A nonrefundable application fee of $500 must accompany the completed application.
Industry Satellite Symposium/Workshop Fees
- Symposium or workshop of 3 hours or less: $30,000 (in addition to $500 nonrefundable application fee.)
- Symposium or workshop of more than 3 hours: $30,000 plus $10,000 per hour or portion of an hour over 3 hours, including breaks, in addition to a $500 nonrefundable application fee.
- If the application is accepted, the symposium/workshop fee owed to AES must be paid in full
Process and Deadlines
- Proposals must include:
- Symposium or workshop title
- Learning objectives
- Needs assessment
- Agenda, including speakers and their affiliations
- First, second, and third choice for the time and location of your proposed session
- AES will notify your designated contact person of the outcome of your application by Wednesday, July 29, 2020.
- If your application is accepted, the designated contact will receive a letter of agreement (LOA) that must be signed by an authorized company representative and returned to AES no later than Monday, August 10, 2020. If the signed LOA is not received by this date, AES reserves the right to reassign the date/time slot.
- The satellite symposium or workshop fee must be paid in full to AES no later than Friday, September 4, 2020.
- Degree of objectivity, balance, and scientific rigor. The symposium or workshop proposal will NOT be accepted if it is judged to be promotional rather than educational
- Extent to which the proposal meets the educational needs of AES members
- Extent to which the proposal DOES NOT duplicate educational content of AES2020
- Extent to which the proposal complements the overall educational content of AES2020
The industry-sponsored education review process is designed to ensure that the accepted symposium or workshop meets the learning needs of AES members, presents a variety of topics, and DOES NOT duplicate the educational content of AES2020.
Industry Satellite Symposium/Workshop Availability
If your proposed symposium or workshop exceeds three hours, please contact Justin Searle call 312-883-3800, x 116 to discuss your plans and needs.
* Sponsoring company is responsible for payment of any charges incurred relative to the symposium/workshop inclusive of, but not limited to, audio-visual equipment and service, internet service, recording service, etc. All companies must use the AES approved audio-visual vendor, IMS Technology Services, for any audiovisual needs.
Generating an Audience
Sponsoring companies whose applications are accepted are responsible for generating their own audience(s). AES will support the promotion of each industry satellite education event as outlined below, with specifics provided in the individual LOAs.
- Provide a postal mailing list of registrants for AES2020 as of approximately October 30, 2020 to the accredited provider or sponsor of symposium/workshop. Use of this list will be subject to standing AES policy for mailing list use. The list will be provided the first week of November 2020.
- List specific information about the satellite symposium/workshop in the printed program book, on the AES website, and in the mobile app.
- Provide a complimentary black and white full-page advertisement in the printed program book. AES does not allow the complimentary black and white ad to be upgraded to a larger ad or to a four-color ad by paying the differential, though additional advertisements in the program book may be purchased to further support the event. Specifications for this complimentary ad can be found here.
- Offer outreach opportunities for purchase by sponsors of satellite symposia and workshops, including sleeping room door drops and on-site print and digital advertising. Details can be found here. Note that the number of insertions for the Saturday shared door drop is limited to 20 and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Provide signage in a high-traffic area of the meeting, listing industry satellite education events with dates, times, and locations.
To cancel your satellite symposium or workshop, your cancellation must be received in writing to Justin Searle.
If you cancel your satellite symposium or workshop after you have been notified that it is approved,
- Cancellations received between the date of your notification that your exhibit is accepted and Monday, September 9, 2020, will receive a refund of 75% of the full satellite symposium or workshop fee, or if the fee is unpaid, will be billed for 25% of the full fee.
- Cancellations received between September 10 and September 30 will be refunded at 50% of the full satellite symposium or workshop fee, or if the fee is unpaid, it will be billed for 50% of the full fee.
- For cancellations received after September 30, 2020, the satellite symposium or workshop fee is non-refundable, and your original invoice will be payable if it is not already paid.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- AES will make final location and time slot assignments for accepted industry education based on accommodating, to the greatest extent possible, one of the top three choices indicated by the symposium or workshop applicant.
- All marketing collateral must be accepted by AES. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org and allow three business days for review.
- All collateral for Industry CME Satellite Symposia must include this disclaimer: Opinions presented during this Industry Satellite CME Symposia are those of the speaker and the ACCME-accredited provider and are not a reflection of AES opinions, nor are they supported, sponsored or endorsed by AES.
- All collateral for Industry non-CME Satellite Symposia must include this disclaimer: Opinions presented during this non-CME industry-sponsored education events are those of the speaker and are not a reflection of AES opinions, nor are they supported, sponsored or endorsed by AES.
- Not every situation can be anticipated, and AES retains the right to render a final decision should a situation arise that is not covered in these guidelines or in AES policies and procedures.