Attendee Warning: Scams Targeting Members and Attendees
As the AES Annual Meeting grows in popularity, individuals and companies unaffiliated with the American Epilepsy Society are targeting our members, attendees, and exhibitors with offers to rent or sell member and attendee lists.
Please note that AES does not, under any circumstances, rent or sell lists to brokers. We never rent or sell member or attendee email addresses.
Should you be contacted by a list broker or firm offering an AES list, please do not engage—these individuals and/or companies are not affiliated with AES and do not have AES lists, nor are they authorized to represent AES. Further, you should consider this a phishing scam. For your protection, do not respond to these offers with any personal or payment information.
Registration and Hotels
AES members and attendees are also targeted by companies falsely claiming to provide registration and housing for our Annual Meeting.
AES works with Experient, Inc. to provide meeting registration and hotel reservation services for individuals, groups, and additional services for international attendees. Experient is the only approved registration and hotel partner.
Please only register for our meeting and make your hotel reservations via meeting.aesnet.org. When registering on our meeting site, you will be passed through to our registration website, hosted by Experient. This is the only official, approved, and secure registration path. Please check the source of any promotional emails you receive and do not register through any other third parties.
- AES does not provide attendee email addresses to any third parties. As an attendee, you may receive emails sent on behalf of AES by our approved registration and hotel partner, Experient, regarding registration and hotel reservations.
- AES is unable to honor or assist with registrations or hotel reservations made through any other party or organization. Please contact us immediately at email@example.com if you receive a call or email regarding registration or housing services from any company other than AES or Experient.
- AES and Experient will not call you to offer registration or housing unless you initiate a conversation first.
- Hotel offers from unaffiliated companies may appear to offer lower rates. However, they may be fraudulent, have unreasonable cancellation or change penalties, or be completely non-refundable.
- Hotel reservations confirmed through Experient DO NOT require advance payment, other than the one-night, non-refundable deposit charged for existing reservations approximately three weeks prior to the meeting.
Your privacy is of utmost importance to us, and these are issues that we take very seriously. We are working with our legal team to address these scams. Should you receive emails offering any AES lists or encouraging you to register for our meeting via any website other than meeting.aesnet.org, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Companies Not Authorized to Represent AES
The companies listed below are not affiliated with AES in any way and are not authorized to provide housing or registration services for the AES Annual Meeting:
- Campbell Outsourcing
- Congress Bookers
- The Congress Housing
- Global Group Housing Service
- Global Travel Partners
- GTA Expo Housing
- Housing Planners LLC
- Kore Conferences
- Reservations Pro
- Rove World