Now Accepting Applications for Scientific Exhibits
Application Deadline: July 1, 2020
If your application is approved, the Scientific Exhibit fee must be paid in full to AES Friday, September 4, 2020.
Scientific Exhibits are opportunities for your company’s scientists to share information about the current state of your company’s research by presenting a series of posters in a half-day or full-day session. Scientific Exhibits differ from traditional poster presentations in that a far broader range of material can be presented as a collection of topics (i.e. results of various clinical trials), or a thematic presentation of one aspect of drug development (i.e., all preclinical material). Presentation of a range of data will enhance viewer understanding of the evolution of drug and device development.
If travel or in-person meeting restrictions are in place at the time of the AES Annual Meeting, scientific exhibitors can expect virtual, interactive presentation opportunities.
- Scientific exhibits are separate from commercial exhibits. Scientific exhibits may not be discussed, referred to, or promoted in the exhibit hall or in your commercial booth.
- Scientific Exhibits are staffed exclusively by scientists and investigators. AES encourages staffing by investigators who participated in the studies reported at the exhibit, in addition to industry scientists.
- Your commercial and marketing staff may not participate in scientific exhibits and may not be present in the exhibit room during display times.
- Exhibits must be scientific and/or educational and conservative in appearance (i.e., informational, not promotional).
- No promotion can be conducted in the Scientific Exhibit area. No commercial materials may be distributed or made available for pick-up in the exhibit room and directly outside the room.
- Copies of the scientific information may be provided to scientific exhibit attendees (i.e. copies of posters).
- Language used in the exhibit should not suggest that compounds are proven safe and effective for any indications that are still investigational.
- The content of the exhibit should reflect the current state of research on the compound, including an overview of previous studies leading to current work.
GENERATING AN AUDIENCE FOR YOUR EXHIBIT
As a scientific exhibitor, you are responsible for generating your own audience for your exhibit. Review the AES exhibitor prospectus for advertising and door drop opportunities for purchase. Scientific exhibitors must comply with all AES guidelines regarding on-site signage or other promotion of your the scientific exhibit, which will be provided in the letter of agreement to be signed upon approval of your application. You must also comply with all guidelines and requirements relating to the use of the AES name or meeting in your advertising.
AES will provide the following types of support for scientific exhibits:
- Exhibit titles, companies, and specific times + locations will be published in the print program book, on the AES website, and in the AES mobile app
- A complimentary one-time use of the pre-meeting registrant list as of approximately October 31 (postal addresses only; no email addresses) to mail an AES-approved item at the exhibitor’s expense
- The post-meeting registrant list (postal addresses only; no email addresses) will be provided to scientific exhibitors to mail an AES-approved item at the exhibitor’s expense
SCIENTIFIC EXHIBIT ROOM SET-UP AND FEES
- Small room (~1,250 square feet): 8 4-feet x 8-feet, double-sided exhibit poster boards (useable space – 44 7/8 inches x 90 7/8 inches), 2 six-foot, skirted tables, 4 chairs
3 hours: $3,000
- Medium room (~2,200 square feet): 10 4-feet x 6-feet, double-sided exhibit poster boards (useable space – 45 inches x 69 inches), 2 six-foot, skirted tables, 4 chairs
3 hours: $6,000
- Large room (~3,500 square feet): 20 4-feet x 6-feet, double-sided exhibit poster boards (useable space – 45 inches x 69 inches), 4 six-foot, skirted tables, 8 chairs
3 hours: $9,000
All day: $22,500
If the application is approved, the Scientific Exhibit fee must be paid in full to AES by Friday, September 4, 2020.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND DEADLINES
- Applications must be submitted via this application form.
- Submission of your signed application means that your company is committing to a scientific exhibit if your application is accepted, and agrees to the AES cancellation policy.
- The application deadline is Wednesday, July 1, 2020. The person indicated in the application as the main contact will be notified about the outcome of the application no later than Wednesday, July 29, 2020.
- The Scientific Exhibit review process is designed to ensure that approved exhibits meet the learning needs of AES members. Content must be based on the highest level of available evidence at the time of the exhibit.
- Letters of agreement will be provided to companies whose scientific exhibit have been approved. Your letter of agreement will reflect AES compliance with the Council on Medical Specialty Societies’ Code of Conduct with Companies, and will include specific guidance on signage, promotional materials, and other rules governing your exhibit. Signed letters must be returned to AES by Monday, August 10, 2020.
- You will be invoiced for your scientific exhibit at the same time that your letter of agreement is sent to you.
- Your Scientific Exhibit fee must be paid in full to AES Friday, September 4, 2020.
To cancel your scientific exhibit, your cancellation must be received in writing to Justin Searle.
If you cancel your scientific exhibit after it is approved:
- Cancellations received between the date of your notification that your exhibit is accepted and Monday, September 9, 2020, will receive a refund of 75% of the full scientific exhibit fee, or if the fee is unpaid, will be billed for 25% of the full fee.
- Cancellations received between September 10 and September 30 will be refunded at 50% of the full scientific exhibit fee, or if the fee is unpaid, will be billed for 50% of the full fee.
- For cancellations received after September 30, 2020, the scientific exhibit fee is non-refundable, and your original invoice will be payable if it is not already paid.
In the event that AES is required to cancel the in-person Annual Meeting, sponsoring companies will be offered alternative options, including a virtual, interactive opportunity, or a full refund.