Resident EEG Course
The nomination window for this course has closed. Thank you for your interest!
AES will be offering a live one and one half-day Resident EEG Course for 20 residents as an introduction to the current practice of EEG. The Resident EEG Course will occur during the AES Annual Meeting on Friday, December 6 (all day) and Saturday, December 7, 2019 (half day) in Baltimore, MD.
Neurology Junior Residents (Adult and Pediatric)
The purpose of this multi-day course is to provide an interactive structured curriculum on pediatric and adult electroencephalography (EEG), taught by a variety of epileptologist educators. Historical, physiological, and technical aspects of EEG will be discussed. The course will use multiple learning strategies including focused brief didactic lectures, structured hands-on experience, and educator-led small group sessions. The bulk of the course will be a boot camp of EEG interpretation including the ABCs of artifact, benign variants, and coma patterns; the gamut from encoches frontales to electrocerebral silence; the spectrum of interictal to ictal patterns; and much more!
- Stimulate early interest in EEG and its application among neurology residents
- Facilitate early development of interest in epilepsy among neurology trainees
- Provide opportunities for networking to neurology trainees at the incipient career level
Criteria and Instructions
Residency program directors must complete a nomination form by Monday, June 3, 2019.
- Only one resident per program may be nominated.
- Resident has expressed an interest in the epilepsy field.
- Guarantee the resident can attend the full one and half-day course on December 6 and 7, 2019
- Due to the small number of spots available, all qualified candidates will be randomly selected.
- Applicants should not register for the 2019 Annual Meeting until they have received notification regarding whether they have been accepted to the Resident EEG Course.
- Selected residents will need to verify their attendance with AES.
- Accepted residents will receive a $500 travel stipend and complimentary registration to the full AES Annual Meeting (December 6-10, 2019).
- The travel stipend will be awarded onsite at the 2019 AES Annual Meeting and is contingent upon participant course attendance.
Please send all inquiries about the Resident EEG Course to email@example.com.