Traveling to New Orleans
The Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport offers about 150 daily departures with 57 nonstop destinations, including London and Frankfurt. Train service is also available via Amtrak.
The airport is located about 16 miles from the New Orleans Marriott, the AES headquarter hotel, and the Convention Center. The travel time is about 30 minutes, depending on time of day.
New Orleans Union Passenger Terminal is located at 1001 Loyola Avenue. Details for discounted travel will be available by the end of this summer.
Getting Around New Orleans
Complimentary Shuttle Service
AES shuttles are available to attendees who book their hotel reservations with the AES hotel block.
The shuttle will run between
- Morial Convention Center
- New Orleans Marriott
- Sheraton New Orleans
- Hilton New Orleans Riverside
Hotels within walking distance of the Morial Convention Center:
- Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center
- Embassy Suites Hotel New Orleans Convention Center and Lofts Club Tower
- Hyatt Place New Orleans Convention Center
- Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
- New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center
- SpringHill Suites New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center
Detailed information is available on the airport website for airport shuttles, car rentals, mass transit, and taxicabs at http://www.flymsy.com/groundtransportation.
Airport Shuttle New Orleans:
(866) 596-2699 or (504) 522-3500
The service offers shared rides or private service.
(800) 258-3826 (800-BLUEVAN) or (504) 207-4949
Taxicabs: Cabs are easily available to/from the airport, train station, hotels, and restaurants.
Regional Transit Authority (RTA): http://www.norta.com/Getting-Around/Getting-to-the-Airport
Street Cars and buses are available to/from the airport, as well as selected downtown routes. Three lines offer service to different parts of the city: St. Charles, Canal Street, and the Riverfront.